Wednesday 4 May 2016

Poetry Wednesday: The Fall [Poem about Addiction]



                                        https://astoldbysilia.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/wp-1459813439040.jpeg
[Everyone’s addicted to something]


I miss you
Your subtle touch,
The way you caressed my brain
The way you brought me to life,
With you, I could taste the air
Feel the rain drops in clear skies
You showed me the light
You chose my path
I was on clouds
Flying, soaring, drifting,
skipping without ropes
You pleasured my soul
with you I loved myself, I didn’t care about the world
With you I was in sync with earth
You said you would be there for me, always
To give me my euphoria (more after the cut)




I love you
You took me to Mars
Made me forget, the pain, the traffic in my head
For once I was at peace within self
I was whole with a frown upside down
Line by line you opened my eyes
Sip by sip I was no longer blind
Puff puff pass you showed me what bliss felt like
Pills and potions I was cured
I was floating, pacing, lost in fantasies
I was my own happy
You said you would be there for me, always, to give me a brand new mind


I want you
My love
No, please No
I don’t want you no more
You stole my life
You French kissed me while you slit my throat
You took away the pain but gave me a beautiful clone of it
You stabbed my heart and now I feel nothing
You, you
You loved me but for what?
Now my reality feels too ordinary
Too bleak to drive through sober
On the day we met
I wish I had said NO
You make me cry but I love you
I miss you and I hate you
Just leave me alone forever
Please
Please
Set me free
I’ve paid my price
Can you?
You said you would be there for me, always
To give me a brand new high
but my love, you forgot the FALL.



Written by silablog (astoldbysilia.wordpress.com)

For a chance for your poetry to be featured on here kindly send it to howtoliveinabuja@gmail.com

No comments: