Wednesday 24 February 2016

Poetry Wednesday: Floating (a poem about hope in trying times)

Somedays you will be lost
You'll find yourself asking self "what have I become?"
"Where does my path lead? Why has my crooked mistakes come to hunt me?"
"Why does my beat have no rhythm? And my spirit down?"
On that day the grey skies over your head will ignite and the rainbows will be far away
The reality of the suffering will seem like to you fate has chosen this war
And the lies that fell at your feet have risen
That day, you will wonder why the wounds fail to heal, why the theme of your life has changed
And the scars ain't fading (more after the cut)




On those days
When they do come, surely
Say to it, "I will make you mine and embrace you"
For sadness and pain has a refining influence on us all
Say to the feeling "you are here to prove my strength" "to test my endurance and I will not waver"
On those days, choose happiness because only you pilots your life.
On purpose, let your thoughts drift to a better place
Finding solace and strength in faith and hope
Shed no tear, be strong, regret nothing
Let time guide you through this journey
Because when that day comes, surely
We'll float on the clouds till we reach the sun
And nothing will hold us back, Nothing
Together, you and me!!!

No comments: