Friday 22 January 2016

When Owù/Brokeness Becomes your Soul Mate

                                     http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Black-Woman-Hell-No-GIF.gif?gs=a
Mehn we all have ups and downs, highs and lows and sometimes the lows are just lower than minimum wage in naija. So I have to go to work on a Monday morning after spending the weekend pondering how the hell I spent my salary in like 2weeks and now I have to suffer the consequences and the next pay day seemed like eternity. Well the previous night I searched all my trousers, jeans, gowns with pockets and all my bags for some change I probably forgot about but sadly even 10naira I didn't see, waking up the next day, by faith I dressed up,  packaged looking all fresh and shit and went for the only way out, I went to the pharmacy at my estate and was like "please can I have 5h I forgot to use the ATM yesterday (which was a lie, acct was red) I'll pay back when I get back today" and the lady was nice enough to give me and so I was on my way to work. (more after the cut)


Almost there at the bus stop close to my office I saw a female corporate beggar (me too I didn't know they started "work" that early) she came close and with pleading eyes she was like "madam please can you help me with...." before she even completed her sentence I was like tf? So what am rich now? Cos I look all packaged? I just gave her some nasty ass look, ignored her and walked away and I could hear her raining insults on me like "all these stingy people". Imagine the BS, do you even know I had to beg my way to work and now you expect me to give you from my own "begged money"? Hilarious.
Moral of the story, not all well packaged Jollof rice looking people are rich or having, sometimes owù comes like a gentle breeze and blows the shit outta us, but thank God we always bounce back.

No comments: